These articles have been written by a psychologist who is also an assertive communication trainer. Arranged in 8 parts, with 12 articles, two new articles will be uploaded per week.
We wrote these articles to give you a quick course in assertiveness. Although assertiveness is very important but people have a hard time being assertive. We are here to help you with that. We will begin by covering the basic of assertiveness, and once the basics are covered, we will move on to advanced techniques and ideas.
You will learn all about the different types of communication and interaction. We will also cover why we don’t always act assertively and what stops us from doing so. In order to show you why assertiveness is important, we will challenge you to think about your assertive rights and about how you practice them in your own life.
We will also be covering the misunderstandings in our minds which lead to us not being assertive. Everyone has such thoughts; we will be focusing on recognizing and going against such automatic thoughts which hold us back. We will also cover everyday techniques you can start using to become more assertive.
The articles will be divided based on topics and you can read the ones you are interested in independently. However, in order to get the most out of this series, we recommend you go through them in sequence. We have put together this series very carefully, starting with basic things and moving towards advanced ideas, and reading them in sequence will allow you to get a complete grasp of assertiveness. They are written in a very easy to understand manner, and are filled with information that will help you in being assertive.
We welcome you to share your comments, questions, and experiences with us, and discuss them with the community and the author of the articles.
- Part 1 (Aggressive, Passive or Assertive?)
- Part 2.1 (Assertive Rights I (What We Should Know, But Often Need to Be Reminded Of)
- Part 2.2 (Assertive Rights II (What We Should Know, But Often Need to Be Reminded Of)
- Part 3 (Cognitive Distortions (A Fancy Term for Thinking Incorrectly)
- Part 4 (How Being Assertive Helps Us Fight Cognitive Distortions?)
- Part 4.1 (Cognitive Reframing – Changing Maladaptive Thinking Patterns)
- Part 5 (Techniques of Assertive Communication – General Guidelines)
- Part 5.1 (Assertive Techniques – The Art of Communication)
- Part 6 (Swimming with Sharks – Being Assertive at Workplace)
- Part 7 (Sexual Assertiveness)
- Part 8 (Are you Assertive?)